Ways to Make Thanksgiving into an Action Word
1. Collect your change from now until Thanksgiving and give to a charity or the
2. Send a card to someone who doesn't get out of the house very often.
3. Make cookies or drop off a bakery treat for a neighbor.
4. Pray for your pastor and your church each day.
5. Collect hygiene items for the food pantry.
6. Post only positive remarks on social media.
7. Give up a good parking place for someone else.
8. Knit hats or prayer shawls for those in need.
9. Offer to babysit for young parents.
10. Drop of flowers at a nursing home with instructions to give to someone
11. Collect school supplies and bring to a school.
12. Write a note of encouragement to a high school student.
13. Host a game night at your house.
14. Seek out someone you do not know at the church coffee hour to speak to.
15. Volunteer to be on a committee or to serve in worship.
16. Say thank you to a grocery bagger or to the drive-up window cashier.
17. Offer a cold water to a lawn crew in your neighborhood.
18. Drop off donuts or coffee shop gift cards for teachers when school begins.
19. Call the church and offer to drive people to church who might need a ride.
20. Find out how to help with the food pantry on food distribution days.
21. Take unneeded clothes to Salvation Army.
22. Call up someone who you have not seen in church (or just have not seen in
general) and let them know you miss them.
23. Offer to help an older person change the batteries in their smoke detectors.
24. Volunteer to teach people how to use their computers or how to "do
25. Give away a gift card you are not likely to use.
26. Call someone who needs to talk and just listen.
27. Collect socks for homeless shelter.
28. Give old/used towels to an animal rescue.
29. Support a kid's lemonade stand.
30. Bring used books to church for the veterans.
31. Commit to make a prayer list and be purposeful who and what you pray
about. Include people you would not typically include in your prayers